all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

3.08.2011

CALLA LILIES / CPS #208 & LIM #5...


I love flowers, can you tell? This new digi features Calla lilies... they are one of my favorites! You can find it in my shop!



I used the sketch from Card Positioning Systems this week, and obviously took some liberties - lol! I also used pastels for the Less is More Challenge! I just hope those ladies think it's C#S enough... maybe not?


Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Chrissie said...

Well you do have the pastel colours... but as for CAS... well there's a little too much here. It is beautiful and the colouring is great...but we have no white space, we have lots of layers and papers so... I guess your presumption that it's maybe not CAS enough is correct!!!!!
HOWEVER, we would love to see another submission, a genuine CAS submission, and I know it would be wonderful!
How about next time?
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Viv said...

May not be quite a CAS card...but it is beautiful :O) Viv xx

Susan said...

Even if it's not CAS...it's a beautiful card! Love it!

Mandi said...

AWw arielle you sounded worried, sweetie
Whilst your card is stunning, for our guidleines it is slightly too layered. But, please dont delete it adn do come back again
mandi
"Less is More"

Sherry Eckblad said...

absolutely beautiful. Love the image and the embossing folder you used. Which one is it? Okay I am off to your shop to get this image.

TAM said...

This may have too many layers but it is still a lovely card. The image is gorgeous.
I'd like to see what a card would look like with just that top layer (leaving off the embossed and dp paper in the background)

massofhair said...

Your image is so good that all the different backgrounds detract from the Calla Lillies; would like to see your card without the backgrounds and just that gorgeous ribbon and sentiment.
This weeks challenge has had a lot of people stumped and i've spent so much time commenting that there is not time for me to make another card lol:-)

Bernadet Rodakowski said...

Don't fret, I too was "tsk, tsk'd" for not meeting the CAS criteria, you're not alone here! Your card is super lovely though - so much to love! You've done a magnificent job coloring, and I've never seen that embossing folder before: unique.

Scrappychick said...

WOW! All I can say :)
Cyndi

cnelson said...

Absolutely EXQUISITE!!!

ThePurplePlace said...

Stunning! I love the image and your card has given me some wonderful inspiration!

Thanks Arielle!

Sarn said...

GORGEOUS card even though technically not CAS!
Hugs, Sandra

Linda Beeson said...

What a lovely card! The Calla Lillies are blooming in my yard and I just had three in my kitchen window so you can tell I love these.

Janna Werner said...

wonderful cas card, arielle! janna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails