all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

4.21.2010

THINGS I LOVE / EBKCC #20 & PPA #38...


I missed the deadline on this sketch challenge, but I loved the sketch & had to use it anyway...



Julie has a super swell color challenge over at Easy Breezy Kewl right now... I just love it! And Margaret's sketch from last week at Pals Paper Arts was awesome, as usual - I just hate I missed the deadline!

I've really been lovin' the houndstooth pattern lately, and have almost used up all my b&w houndstooth paper from the retired Night & Day DSP from Stampin' Up!. (Hoping they bring it back in SOME form....hint, hint) I remembered last week that SU! used to have a houndstooth background stamp, so I tracked one down & bought one that had never even been inked. I got it in the mail on Monday & here it is - I inked it with black & stamped it onto kraft - LOVE IT! Now I can go crazy & have houndstooth in ANY COLOR I want - YAY! The stamps are also from Stampin' Up!, called Things I Love.... aren't they darling?

Bye for now...





6 comments:

Margaret Moody said...

So sorry you missed the deadline, Arielle! But, you didn't miss a thing with this card! It is too cute! I love houndstooth, too (one of my favorite patterns)! How smart you were to track down that retired stamp! I think I'll try to find one, too! How fun to have "endless houndstooth"...oh, the possibilities! Love your work! Thanks for sharing!

LeAnne said...

This is a CUTIE!!! I got that stamp too but for some reason haven't inked it up! Good for you with the houndstooth....a classic you can't go wrong with!

Kathy Martin said...

So fun! Love this! :)

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Super cute Arielle! Love your take on the sketch. I can't believe you cut out that shoe and bag! I so want to play in the EBKCC, but haven't been inspired by any ideas yet. Maybe this weekend.

Alanna said...

Super, super cute Arielle. I love pink and black. How fun that you could find that houndstooth stamp. I'm sure you'll put it to good use.

Julie Leblanc said...

This is sooo cute:-) thanks for playing at Easy Breezy Kewl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails