all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

3.16.2010

CUTE AS A BUTTON / CD #60 & CPS #158...


I'm sure you were expecting a St. Patty's Day card.... sorry to disappoint! All weekend (in my spare time) I attempted to make a card for this week's Color Dare. The inspiration is beautiful, but the cards I was making were not. There are parts & pieces in More Mustard, Real Red & Tempting Turquoise all over my stamping area... the ones that had any Gable Green are in the recycling bin - I just COULDN'T make it work! But since it's a challenge, I kept thinking about it. Around 9:30 last night, after Jeff & the kids went to bed, IT HIT ME! And it kept hitting me until midnight (lol) - but here it is...




I'm not sure if it's been posted yet, but the colors are from this week's Color Dare, and the sketch is from Card Positioning Systems. So my theory still holds true... there is always a way to use any color combo, as long as you have a great sketch!

The buttons are both Stampin' Up! and Papertey Ink. The sentiment is from PTI, as well, the Tiny Treats : Valentine set.

Have a great day!!! And THANK YOU so much for taking the time to visit!



8 comments:

Jolanda said...

What a great card! Hope you don't mind but I'm putting this card in my little map to keep in mind........

Michelle Quinno said...

That is fantastic!! Love what you did with the buttons. To be honest, I'm getting tired of the green cards!

Lea L. said...

This is fabulous!! I love the buttons tied with twine, and the embossed background is a perfect touch! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

♥♥♥Lea

Tina said...

wow - super cute card simple but totally spectacular...

just wanted to say hi to our team members the CARD CRUSADERS over on the TGF blog...have a great st. patty's day..

xo
tina
mommy scraps alot

Mary J said...

Great use of embossing! Perfect!

Kristin said...

Loved your interpretation of the inspiration piece Arielle! Lovely and simple - just like Spring :-)

Trish D said...

Love this -- it's even CUTER than a button ;)

Julie Ranae said...

Arielle....this is RiDiCuLoUs cute!

Very creative and I just love it : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails