all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

10.16.2009

SIP BY SIP / PPA12 & CCC #29...


I've always been a sucker for anything retro...




Over at Pals Paper Arts this week they have a cool sketch challenge, and I've been wanting to use this awesome set again... so I also paired it with a 'new-to-me" challenge over at Colour Create!


This set is called Sip By Sip, from Stampin' Up! and combines 2 of my fave things, retro & coffee! I used Basic Black, Whisper White, Summer Sun and Real Red. I inked her up with Stazon Jet Black, except for her lips, which I inked with Real Red. I paper pieced her coffee cup with Summer Sun. The dsp is Night & Day Specialty, also SU! ~ I love that black & white houndstooth! The card is finished of with a piece of Summer Sun punched with a Martha Stewart border punch (one of my favorites) and tied with a Real Red grosgrain ribbon bow!


Thanks so much for looking, have a great weekend!


7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Wonderfully retro!

Lynne in NI said...

Fabulous - I love your image and the retro feel to your card
:o)

Dena said...

Oh so very retro!!! Amazing card! These colors worked so great for your retro style. Thanks for playing along with all of us this week and Colour Create! Hugs, Dena

Kim said...

Wow, I love the colors, they are so vibrant!

Margaret Moody said...

I absolutely adore this, Arielle! Love the retro look and the fun, bright colors! Wonderful job with the sketch! Love your work!

Ann Schach said...

WOW! I love the colors! Perfect card! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Anne Beale Yancey said...

Absolutely darling! Love your card.
AB :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails